Personal information we collect:
“When you visit our website, we automatically gather specific details about your device. This includes information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies stored on your device. Furthermore, while you navigate our website, we collect information regarding the specific web pages or products you view, the websites or search terms that led you to our site, and how you engage with our content. We refer to this data, which is gathered automatically, as ‘Device Information.’
Moreover, when you make a purchase or attempt to do so through our website, we require certain details from you. This includes your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this set of information as ‘Order Information.’
- Information Collection: This section explains what types of personal information are collected from users. It can include details such as names, email addresses, phone numbers, IP addresses, and more.
- Data Sources: This section specifies where the organization collects user data from, whether it’s directly from users (e.g., when they sign up for an account) or indirectly through cookies, third-party services, or other means.
- Purpose of Data Processing: Organizations must explain why they collect user data and what they use it for. This can include purposes like account creation, communication, marketing, analytics, and more.
- Data Sharing: Information about whether user data is shared with third parties, such as advertisers, partners, or service providers, should be detailed here.
- Data Security: Details on the security measures in place to protect user data, as well as the steps taken in case of a data breach, should be included.
- Data Retention: This section specifies how long user data is retained by the organization and the criteria used to determine data retention periods.
- Compliance with Laws: Organizations should state their commitment to complying with relevant privacy laws and regulations, such as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA).
- Contact Information: Provide contact details, such as an email address or physical address, where users can reach out with privacy-related inquiries or concerns.
- Consent: Mention how user consent is obtained, especially for data processing activities that require explicit consent.